The much-anticipated World Twenty20 cricket match between India and Pakistan will be held as scheduled in Dharamsala, Tournament Director M V Sridhar said on Tuesday.
“The match is on. The state and central governments are onboard and all security arrangements have been made,” he said after a meeting with Special Secretary (Internal Security) in the Home Ministry M K Singla besides others in New Delhi.
Pakistan will play against India on March 19 in Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
There has been some opposition in the state, including from ex-servicemen, on holding the match at the hill station.
Sridhar, however, said discussions with Home Ministry officials remained inconclusive and a few issues are yet to be sorted out.
Sridhar, also General Manager of Cricket Operations of the BCCI, was accompanied by IPL anti-corruption and security unit head and former Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar and a few other BCCI officials.
Representatives of Himachal Pradesh government were also present in the meeting.
Singla said an official team of Pakistan had visited Dharamsala and has expressed satisfaction over the security arrangements in the stadium as well as hotels in the picturesque hill station.
Singla said Kangra District Magistrate and local Inspector General of Police assured full protection to players and the venue.
Besides the Dharamsala match, Pakistan will play two matches in Mohali, Punjab against New Zealand on March 22 and against Australia on March 25.
The Pakistani team will also play a match in Kolkata on March 16.
READ: 250 visas for Pakistan fans for each of its World T20 matches
A team of Pakistani officials arrived in India on Monday to review security arrangements for their team during the tournament.
The semi-finals of the World Twenty20 cricket tournament will be held in New Delhi on March 30 and in Mumbai a day later.
The final will be played in Kolkata on April 3.
The tournament’s qualifying matches begin on Tuesday.