The much-anticipated World Twenty20 cricket match between India and Pakistan will be held as scheduled in Dharamsala, Tournament Director M V Sridhar said on Tuesday.
“The match is on. The state and central governments are onboard and all security arrangements have been made,” he said after a meeting with Special Secretary (Internal Security) in the Home Ministry M K Singla besides others in New Delhi.
Pakistan will play against India on March 19 in Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh.
There has been some opposition in the state, including from ex-servicemen, on holding the match at the hill station.
Sridhar, however, said discussions with Home Ministry officials remained inconclusive and a few issues are yet to be sorted out.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sridhar, also General Manager of Cricket Operations of the BCCI, was accompanied by IPL anti-corruption and security unit head and former Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar and a few other BCCI officials.
Representatives of Himachal Pradesh government were also present in the meeting.
Singla said an official team of Pakistan had visited Dharamsala and has expressed satisfaction over the security arrangements in the stadium as well as hotels in the picturesque hill station.
Singla said Kangra District Magistrate and local Inspector General of Police assured full protection to players and the venue.
Besides the Dharamsala match, Pakistan will play two matches in Mohali, Punjab against New Zealand on March 22 and against Australia on March 25.
The Pakistani team will also play a match in Kolkata on March 16.
READ: 250 visas for Pakistan fans for each of its World T20 matches
A team of Pakistani officials arrived in India on Monday to review security arrangements for their team during the tournament.
The semi-finals of the World Twenty20 cricket tournament will be held in New Delhi on March 30 and in Mumbai a day later.
The final will be played in Kolkata on April 3.
The tournament’s qualifying matches begin on Tuesday.