Sunil Narine took 3/13 and Kemar Roach grabbed 3/19 as West Indies dismissed Bangladesh for only 70 to complete a 177-run victory in the second one-day international. Only Tamim Iqbal (37) reached double figures for the visitors. It was Bangladesh’s third lowest total. West Indies clinched the three-match series by taking a 2-0 lead.
Earlier, West Indies scored 247/7 after half centuries by Chris Gayle and Darren Bravo. There were contributions from Lendl Simmons (40), Denesh Ramdin (34) and Kieron Pollard (26).
Mashrafe Mortaza led Bangladesh with 3/39, his tally taking him past Shakib-al-Hasan as the second most prolific wicket-taker for his country in ODIs. Al-Amin Hossain took 2/60. The 24-year-old ripped out the off stump of Kirk Edwards (0) at 5-1 in the second . Gayle and Bravo shared a second wicket stand of 88 to rally the hosts.
When Gayle holed out to deep midwicket off Mahmudullah’s off spin, Bravo forged another solid partnership of 51 with Ramdin. Bravo was eventually lbw to Sohag Gazi’s off spin and, when Ramdin edged Al-Amin through to wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim, the innings was at the crossroads at 171/4 in the 40th over. Simmons labored for 61 deliveries for his 40 but Pollard, fresh from his man of the match 89 in the first ODI, hit 26 off 20 to energize the hosts.
Bangladesh’s run chase faltered early when Holder removed the first ODI century-maker Anamul Haque for 7. Roach and Rampaul further dented the pursuit as Imrul Kayes (1) top-edged to deep backward square leg and Shamsur Rahman (4) was bowled.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Narine claimed captain Mushfiqur Rahim (6) and Mahmudullah (0) off successive deliveries. Those Narine wickets sparked a collapse in which the last seven wickets tumbled for 13 runs with Bangladesh going from 57/3 to 70 all out. Roach eventually removed Tamim to a chipped catch to midwicket.
Brief scores: West Indies 247/7 (C Gayle 58, D Bravo 53, L Simmons 40; M Mortaza 3/39) bt Bangladesh 70 in 24.4 overs (T Iqbal 37; S Narine 3/13, K Roach 3/19, R Rampaul 2/21) by 177 runs.