“It is not a one-man show for us,” avowed West Indies skipper Darren Sammy as Andre Fletcher filled in the big boots of injured Chris Gayle with a remarkable 84-run knock against Sri Lanka, on Sunday .
Gayle pulled his hamstring while fielding and did not bat in West Indies’ chase. Fletcher opened the innings and played a gem of a knock to lead his side to win.
“I hope that he (Gayle) recovers but what we have shown today is that it’s not a one man show. The way Fletcher stepped up in the absence of Gayle showed that we have 15 potential match winners,” Sammy said making the point clear that they are not depended on just Gayle.
“It was good to see the way we bowled. And then the way Fletcher batted was brilliant. I’m happy as a captain. When you select someone and they have immediate impact you are happy,” he said.
Sammy also praised his spinners Samuel Badree and Suleiman Benn who gave away just 25 runs in their eight overs.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The spinners are the ones getting the wickets and keeping down the rate. The way Badree and Benn bowled in the Powerplay was great. Badree kept taking wickets and that helped,” he said.