“It is not a one-man show for us,” avowed West Indies skipper Darren Sammy as Andre Fletcher filled in the big boots of injured Chris Gayle with a remarkable 84-run knock against Sri Lanka, on Sunday .
Gayle pulled his hamstring while fielding and did not bat in West Indies’ chase. Fletcher opened the innings and played a gem of a knock to lead his side to win.
“I hope that he (Gayle) recovers but what we have shown today is that it’s not a one man show. The way Fletcher stepped up in the absence of Gayle showed that we have 15 potential match winners,” Sammy said making the point clear that they are not depended on just Gayle.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“It was good to see the way we bowled. And then the way Fletcher batted was brilliant. I’m happy as a captain. When you select someone and they have immediate impact you are happy,” he said.
Sammy also praised his spinners Samuel Badree and Suleiman Benn who gave away just 25 runs in their eight overs.
“The spinners are the ones getting the wickets and keeping down the rate. The way Badree and Benn bowled in the Powerplay was great. Badree kept taking wickets and that helped,” he said.