Parthiv Patel, who won Man of the Match award for his half-century against Mumbai Indians, showered encomiums on AB de Villiers for calming the roughed up proceedings and guide Rajasthan Royals to a convincing seven-wicket victory.
“I think I couldn’t have asked for any better person to come in at that time (when RCB were struggling at 17 for three). You know AB expectedly is one of the best batsmen in the world. He calmed the procedure down,” Parthiv said in an interview to RCB’s official website.
Parthiv said De Villiers took his time to settle down and asked him to take his time. “We were in a bit of trouble initially but AB came in and he handled the ship and I just had to take singles and after that I took over,” he said. “I said (to AB) that we just need to bat 20 overs, and if we can do that we will win. We needn’t worry about the runs, just play 20 overs and that exactly what we did.”
Parthiv said the bowlers set the game for RCB by restricting Mumbai Indians to 115 on a difficult wicket.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The bowlers set the game for us on that wicket. Obviously it wasn’t easier, but our bowlers did a good job and restricted them to 115,” he said. After winning the second game against Mumbai Indians, Parthiv said, “It was all in all good start for us in the tournament and hopefully we can continue this.” Asked what is the key to his success and confidence these days, Parthiv said he has had a good domestic season and is carrying the form into the IPL this year.
However, the Gujarat cricketer said he had worked hard on his game and is glad to get results from it. “I have worked hard on my game and I am glad that whatever work I have put in, (I am) getting results for it,” he said.