With the ICC deciding to experiment with red card in cricket, it has got another point in its favour. On the occasion of Valentine’s Day, the PSL witnessed some ugly incident.
During the Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi match, Ahmed Shehzad and Wahab Riaz were involved in a physical fight that was interrupted by the team-mates and umpires.
WATCH VIDEO (App users click here)
In the fifth over of the Gladiators’ innings, Shehzad smoked Riaz for a big six. On the very next ball, the bowler castled Shehzad with a slower one and let out a loud scream as Shehzad walked back to the pavillion.
- Kevin Pietersen surprised at Ahmed Shehzad's omission from Pakistan squad
- Pakistan recall Ahmed Shehzad for ICC World T20; Khurram Manzoor out
- When money talks, PSL and IPL are leagues apart
- Pakistan recall Wahab Riaz for Zimbabwe series, include two uncapped players
- Saeed Ajmal returns to Pakistan squad, picked for Bangladesh tour
- Ahmed Shehzad, Sohaib Maqsood ruled out for New Zealand ODI series
Perhaps Shehzad was not impressed and raised his bat towards his Pakistan team-mate and to this Riaz uttered some words. Both pushed each other but the Zalmi players quickly came in-between to prevent any further contact between the two.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Zalmi won the match by eight wickets but the incident became the talking point on Sunday.
PCB slaps fines
Both have been fined heavily and given a warning by the Cricket Board for a heated on-field altercation during a PSL match in the UAE.
While Shehzad was fined 30 per cent of his match fee, Riaz was penalised 40 per cent of his game earnings by match referee Roshan Mahanama.
“The players have been asked to behave as such incidents hampers the image of Pakistan cricket as millions are watching the PSL around the globe,” a PCB official said.