With the ICC deciding to experiment with red card in cricket, it has got another point in its favour. On the occasion of Valentine’s Day, the PSL witnessed some ugly incident.
During the Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi match, Ahmed Shehzad and Wahab Riaz were involved in a physical fight that was interrupted by the team-mates and umpires.
WATCH VIDEO (App users click here)
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
In the fifth over of the Gladiators’ innings, Shehzad smoked Riaz for a big six. On the very next ball, the bowler castled Shehzad with a slower one and let out a loud scream as Shehzad walked back to the pavillion.
- Kevin Pietersen surprised at Ahmed Shehzad's omission from Pakistan squad
- Pakistan recall Ahmed Shehzad for ICC World T20; Khurram Manzoor out
- When money talks, PSL and IPL are leagues apart
- Pakistan recall Wahab Riaz for Zimbabwe series, include two uncapped players
- Saeed Ajmal returns to Pakistan squad, picked for Bangladesh tour
- Ahmed Shehzad, Sohaib Maqsood ruled out for New Zealand ODI series
Perhaps Shehzad was not impressed and raised his bat towards his Pakistan team-mate and to this Riaz uttered some words. Both pushed each other but the Zalmi players quickly came in-between to prevent any further contact between the two.
Zalmi won the match by eight wickets but the incident became the talking point on Sunday.
PCB slaps fines
Both have been fined heavily and given a warning by the Cricket Board for a heated on-field altercation during a PSL match in the UAE.
While Shehzad was fined 30 per cent of his match fee, Riaz was penalised 40 per cent of his game earnings by match referee Roshan Mahanama.
“The players have been asked to behave as such incidents hampers the image of Pakistan cricket as millions are watching the PSL around the globe,” a PCB official said.