India Test discard Virender Sehwag has been roped in to captain the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) squad in a four-day Champion County match against Durham starting March 23 in Abu Dhabi.
“Virender Sehwag and Muttiah Muralitharan have been confirmed as part of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) squad that will travel to Abu Dhabi next month,” the MCC said in a statement.
Also in the squad are England’s Monty Panesar and Sri Lankan wicket-keeper batsman Prasanna Jayawardene, as well as a host of young county players including Kent’s Daniel Bell-Drummond, Lancashire’s Luis Reece and Middlesex opener Sam Robson, who has been in great form for England Lions in Sri Lanka this winter.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Sehwag, who is confirmed to appear in the MCC v Rest of the World Lord’s Bicentenary match on July 5, said: “I was delighted to be asked to play in this match, and being able to captain the MCC side makes it even more of a privilege. We’re taking a very strong squad out to Abu Dhabi so I’m sure the standard of cricket on show will be very high. It’s also very exciting to be playing under lights with the pink ball.
The MCC team will arrive in Abu Dhabi to take part in the Emirates T20 tournament on March 21 which also features Lancashire, Sussex, Durham and an Emirates Select XI. Lancashire will then play 50-over matches against an MCC Universities Combined XI and MCC Young Cricketers.