Virat Kohli will lead the 15-member Indian squad in Sri Lanka for the three-Test series. There were no major surprises in the squad announced by the selectors in New Delhi on Thursday.
The selectors, responding to a query, made it clear that Gautam Gambhir’s name was not discussed during the meeting. As far as the Indian cricket team coach was concerned, Hony Secretary Anurag Thakur said the Ravi Shastri will continue as team director till the time advisory committee comes up with a candidate.
- Former Mumbai first-class cricketer caught in ‘pitch fixing’ sting operation, ICC launches probe
- Dhananjaya de Silva withdraws from West Indies tour after father shot dead
- Virat Kohli set to miss Afghanistan Test but who will replace him?
- Team selection on May 8 for Afghanistan Test, UK limited overs squad
- When giving Virat Kohli his break cost Dilip Vengsarkar the job
- Virat Kohli to lead India in Sri Lanka: Our Sports’ Desk Tells You More
Sandeep Patil asserted that this was the best team to tour Sri Lanka, and wants everyone to back the new captain Virat.
— BCCI (@BCCI) July 23, 2015
Team: Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha, R Ashwin, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harbhajan Singh, Varun Aaron, Amit Mishra, Umesh Yadav
More to follow…