Star batsman Virat Kohli on Tuesday said that he was enjoying the responsibility of taking his side out of crunch situations as he once again guided India to another comfortable win over Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup cricket tournament.
Kohli has been in the midst of a brilliant run of form as he hit a superb 56 not out to take India to a 5-wicket victory over Sri Lanka on Tuesday, three days after his brilliant 49 had set up his side’s win over arch-rivals Pakistan.
“Touchwood, it’s coming out nicely now. It was another crunch situation (against Sri Lanka) as we were 16 for 2 in the fourth over. It’s nice to challenge yourself and I am happy to do that for the team,” Kohli said after India beat Sri Lanka to enter the Asia Cup final.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Nuwan Kulasekara and Angelo (Mathews) were bowling well. I knew I’m striking the ball well, so I have to take the pressure off the other batsman by hitting the odd boundary, but it has to be a cricketing shot,” he added.
Asked about his stepping out of the crease quite often while batting today, Kohli said, “It was the plan, because all their seam bowlers bowl that good length. Except Chameera, the rest are all seam bowlers. It’s important not to let them bowl that length, bowl according to their strength.
“If you’re set on 25-30, the ball full of dew is a wonder, but when the ball changes you need to adjust with your bat flow and check your shot sometimes,” said Virat who was adjudged man of the match.
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said he was happy that the likes of Yuvraj Singh came good in the match.
“I think consistent performance is very important. In the last 9-10 T20s we have played, we have done well. It was good to see a few of the others contributing as well,” he said.
“Yuvraj Singh’s innings was crucial, not just for this match but for the team as well, good to see him get into some good form,” Dhoni added.
Asked about the pitch, he said, “Today’s wicket was harder than some of the other wickets, but it was still a little soft, which allows the ball to grip and move around.
“It was good today, because you at least know it will be there for four overs or five overs. Overall, it was a track that was testing initially for the batsmen, but later on it was quite easy. 150-155 is a good total on this pitch.”