There was some more good news in the offing for India’s Test captain Virat Kohli as he was declared the No 1 ranked batsmen in T20 Internationals according to ICC’s latest rankings.
According to the latest rankings released by ICC this morning, Kohli has taken over from Australia’s Aaron Finch, who missed Monday’s T20I against England, which the home side won by five runs.
- Virat Kohli achieves rare double in ICC Rankings; Jasprit Bumrah takes top spot in bowlers rankings
- Virat Kohli: India’s run machine continues to break records at will
- Virat Kohli surpasses Brian Lara, inches closer to Sunil Gavaskar on ICC all-time list
- India rise to second place, Virat Kohli slips to third in T20I rankings
- Virat Kohli, after consecutive double hundreds, rises to second spot in ICC Test rankings
- Jasprit Bumrah grabs top spot in ICC T20 bowler’s rankings, Virat Kohli remains Number 1 for batsmen
As a result, Finch dropped 17 points, which, in turn, means he now trails the India Test captain by seven points.
Kohli now has 861 rating points with Finch trailing him by seven points at 854. Third in the list is Englan batsman Alex Hales with 841 points. Faf du Plessis of South Africa and Chris Gayle of West Indies are placed fourth and fifth respectively.
The bowlers’ list is headed by Samuel Badree of the West Indies with India’s Ravi Ashwin in fourth place. The next best Indian in the bowlers’ list is Ravindra Jadeja at 30th.
Meanwhile, Australia has dropped one place to third after Monday’s loss. This has put Pakistan in second place, six points behind ICC World Twenty20 champion Sri Lanka. England has retained its eighth position on the table.