Vijay Mallya has resigned as director of the Royal Challengers Sports Private Limited (RCSPL) but will hold the post of chief mentor. Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) has written a letter to the BCCI in which vice-president (commercial operations and cricket academy) Russell Adams has been designated as pointsman for all further correspondence.
“We are writing following the announcement made by our parent company United Spirits Ltd on 25, February regarding the resignation of Dr Mallya. As noted in the announcement Dr Vijay Mallya has resigned from his all his positions. This includes his resignation from his position as director of Royal Challengers Sports Pvt Ltd,” the letter sent to BCCI president Shashank Manohar and also marked to secretary Anurag Thakur and IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla states. The letter was sent by RCSPL to BCCI on March 7.
But the letter states Mallya will have honorary title of chief mentor. “Dr Mallya will have the honorary title of chief mentor for as long as his son Siddharth Mallya remains on the RCSPL board. This is the limited role which enables the various members of the RCSPL board should they wish to consult him. In light of the above, this letter is to confirm to you that following this change, Dr Mallya has no longer authority to represent or bind RCSPL or RCB team and its operations. Dr Mallya resignation has not resulted in any change of ownership or control of RCSPL or USL or any transfer of any part of the business of RCSPL anyway.”
RCSPL is a subsidiary of United Spirits which is controlled by Diageo. As per IPL rules, a team has to inform the governing council if any ownership pattern has changed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More