The BCCI is toying with the idea of hosting the Vijay Hazare Trophy (50 overs game) before the Ranji Trophy season commences in late October. India are schedule to play three Tests and five ODI’s against the West Indies between October 4 and November 18. Next, they travel to Australia where they will play four Tests and a tri-series involving England followed by the World Cup.
The BCCI wants its national selection committee to have a look at the one-day games before picking the India squad for the ODIs against the West Indies and the probables for the 2015 World Cup.
“We are looking at the possibility of having the Vijay Hazare zonal games earlier so that it will help the selectors pick the India squad against the West Indies. Besides, it will give them a fair bit of idea before picking the WC probables. It will be impossible to have the one-day games when the Ranji Trophy season starts, so there are chances of the zonal one-dayers happening early,” a BCCI official said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The domestic season generally starts with the Challenger Trophy before it moves on to the Duleep Trophy followed by Ranji and Vijay Hazare.