Cricketers from world over took to twitter on Monday to heap praise on India for their first Test victory at Lord’s in 28 years after they beat the hosts by 95 runs in the second Test.
“Horrific hour for Eng. India bullied & bounced them out. Remember Eng won the toss on the greenest pitch ever & blew it, changes needed !!,” tweeted Warne after England collapsed to 223 all out, chasing a 319-run target on the final day of the match.
Former England captain Alec Stewart said India were the deserving winners.
“Congratulations to India. You’ve thoroughly deserved your fantastic win at Lords. You’ve outplayed England on a very English pitch,” wrote Stewart on his twitter handle.
Another former captain Michael Vaughan wrote: “WTF have we just witnessed over the last hour….. Change required I am afraid…Out lead.. Out Bowled… Out Batted…Out Thought.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Speedster Ishant Sharma took career best seven for 74 to steer India to a famous win.”
Well done India-Well bowled Ishant!No sympathies for Eng who need a head-master not a coach!!!” tweeted former India
spinner Bishan Singh Bedi.
Former India batsman Sanjay Manjrekar, who is here as a commentator, twitted: “Eng may have comitted harakiri after
lunch but Ind was the better side over 5 days. Deserving winners.”
“Well Done #TeamIndia on a fabulous test match win !!!@ImIshant match winning bowling spell …..” wrote Zaheer
Former India batsman VVS Laxman said: “Wow!! Fantastic win!! Congratulations to msd and his boys for such a significant win!! You made the entire country proud!!”
Former Australia all-rounder Tom Moody was happy for Ishant.
“Congratulations Ishant Sharma 7/74 answers a lot of your critics, great display of determination, mental toughness & skill,” he wrote on his twitter account.