Cricketers from world over took to twitter on Monday to heap praise on India for their first Test victory at Lord’s in 28 years after they beat the hosts by 95 runs in the second Test.
“Horrific hour for Eng. India bullied & bounced them out. Remember Eng won the toss on the greenest pitch ever & blew it, changes needed !!,” tweeted Warne after England collapsed to 223 all out, chasing a 319-run target on the final day of the match.
Former England captain Alec Stewart said India were the deserving winners.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Congratulations to India. You’ve thoroughly deserved your fantastic win at Lords. You’ve outplayed England on a very English pitch,” wrote Stewart on his twitter handle.
Another former captain Michael Vaughan wrote: “WTF have we just witnessed over the last hour….. Change required I am afraid…Out lead.. Out Bowled… Out Batted…Out Thought.”
Speedster Ishant Sharma took career best seven for 74 to steer India to a famous win.”
Well done India-Well bowled Ishant!No sympathies for Eng who need a head-master not a coach!!!” tweeted former India
spinner Bishan Singh Bedi.
Former India batsman Sanjay Manjrekar, who is here as a commentator, twitted: “Eng may have comitted harakiri after
lunch but Ind was the better side over 5 days. Deserving winners.”
“Well Done #TeamIndia on a fabulous test match win !!!@ImIshant match winning bowling spell …..” wrote Zaheer
Former India batsman VVS Laxman said: “Wow!! Fantastic win!! Congratulations to msd and his boys for such a significant win!! You made the entire country proud!!”
Former Australia all-rounder Tom Moody was happy for Ishant.
“Congratulations Ishant Sharma 7/74 answers a lot of your critics, great display of determination, mental toughness & skill,” he wrote on his twitter account.