Former captain Sourav Ganguly suggested that India should include paceman Varun Aaron in the playing XI for the fourth Test since the Manchester wicket was the fastest in England.
“Manchester track is the fastest wicket in England. I think Varun Aaron should get a look in,” Ganguly said.
While gangly paceman Ishant Sharma, the hero of the Lord’s Test, has already been ruled out of the next match, there’s a cloud of doubt hanging over Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s availability due to his swollen knee.
“India need some fresh heads this stage. I’m not saying Gambhir would succeed but we need some fresh ideas. At this stage, it is anyone’s series,” he said after he began a new innings in cricket administration as CAB’s joint secretary.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Ganguly further said he’s disappointed with Bengal pacer Mohammad Shami’s lackluster performance but disagreed that the
severe workload was the reason for this.
“If he won’t play cricket at this age then when would he?” he asked.