In the absence of regular skipper Angelo Mathews and vice-captain Dinesh Chandimal, left-hander batsman Upul Tharanga has been appointed to lead Sri Lanka in the ODI triangular series in Zimbabwe, which also involves West Indies.
The national selectors have decided to appoint the 31-year-old veteran to lead the 15-member squad, while naming Kusal Janith Perera as the vice-captain for the upcoming series.
Sri Lanka will take on hosts Zimbabwe in the inaugural ODI of the triangular series on November 14 at Harare.
Squad: Dhananjaya De Silva, Kusal Janith Perera, Niroshan Dickwella, Upul Tharanga (Capt), Kusal Mendis, Shehan Jayasuriya, Asela Gunarathne, Sachith Pathirana, Nuwan Kulasekara, Dasun Shanaka, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Kumara, Suranga Lakmal, Lakshan Sandakan, Jeffery Vandersay.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More