Virat Kohli turned 28 on Saturday, November 5, and apart from spending time with his family and teammates, Kohli also had time to spend some quality time with his rumoured girlfriend Anushka Sharma. Kohli received millions of wishes from his fans on his birthday, and had the company of the Bollywood star on the special day. That was the second time the two have been pictured together after they were spotted at an Indian Super League game on Diwali.
The Indian cricket team arrived in Rajkot for the first of a five-Test series against England, starting November 8, at Hotel Imperial with his teammates. In what started like an usual affair, ended with a wild cake massage.
It was all peaceful when Kohli cut the first slice and offered to chief coach Anil Kumble. R Ashwin, in the meantime, had begun with his move as he slowly took some cake in his hand and offered some to Kohli and rest to his face.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Virat took an early morning flight from Delhi – where he was born and lives – for Rajkot to join his teammates and start preparations for what is a long series against a spirited England side, which also sees limited over matches in 2017.
Kohli had his share of celebrations at home, too, where he cut a cake with blue icing highlighting the Indian colours and had “Kohli” written on it including the number ’18’, as per his jersey. The caption to the video, posted on Saturday, read: “About Last Night #Friends #Family #Birthday”.
At the time of writing, the video posted on his official Facebook page had been seen over 400,000 times.
Meanwhile, Kohli’s former and current teammates wished him on his birthday. Wishes kept pouring in since Saturday morning. Hashtag “#HappyBirthdayVirat” was trending on the social media platforms which showed the kind of fan following he has in the country. From Anil Kumble to Harbhajan Singh, everyone shared their moments with the Indian Test captain.
The fact that Kohli “Poore India ko pasand hai (the country loves Virat Kohli)” remains undisputed, but former teammate Virender Sehwag had something more poetic rolled up his sleeves.
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) 5 November 2016
With each passing year the flamboyant right-handed batsman has raised the value of the Indian cricket team as well as his popularity. Kohli’s “Virat” intensity, aggressive spirit and hunger to win have not only matured him as a player but also made him someone on whom the team can depend on.