Sri Lanka’s veteran batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan is in doubt for the upcoming Asia Cup after picking up a finger injury which has ruled him out of the rest of the ongoing series against Bangladesh.
“He would return home today,” Sri Lanka Cricket announced.
He may miss the Asia Cup tournament also to be played in Bangladesh from February 25 as the selectors would not want to risk him ahead of the World T20 also to be held in Bangladesh from March 16.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The left-handed middle-order batsman Lahiru Thirimanna would replace Dilshan for the Bangladesh tour.
Dilshan hurt his finger in the second ODI which Sri Lanka won on Thursday to clinch the series.
Afridi hurts jaw in practice match
The Pakistan cricket team suffered an injury scare ahead of the Asia Cup when their flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi hurt his jaw during a practice match at the Gaddafi stadium.
“Although the injury is not a serious one but doctors have advised him to speak less for two days because the impact was on the jaw,” national coach Moin Khan told reporters.
Afridi was hit near the jaw when trying to paddle sweep pacer Junaid Khan. The ball flew off the edge of the bat and hit his helmet’s visor which struck the jaw. Afridi was seen walking around with a big bruise on the right side of his face.