Australia replaced India at number two position in the Test team rankings by the virtue of their hard-fought 245-run victory over South Africa in the third and final Test in Cape Town on Wednesday.
Australia had entered the series in third position on 111 ratings points and the victory handed them four ratings points which means that they finish the year on 115 points, three points ahead of India, at the April 1 cut-off date. It also means that Australia have won a cash award of $ 370,000 while third-placed India will have to settle with $ 265,000. England will receive $ 160,000 for finishing fourth.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
South Africa, thanks to their commanding lead at the top of the table, retains the mace in spite of dropping to 127 ratings points and will also get richer by the top prize of $ 475,000.
At the January 2012 meeting, the ICC Board had approved a proposal to substantially increase incentives in the form of prize money to promote Test cricket.
In 2015, the total prize money will be increased to $ 1.34 million, which will be distributed to the teams that finish in the top four at the 1 April 2015 cut-off date.
The number-one ranked side will receive $500,000, followed by $390,000, $ 280,000 and $170,000 to the sides that will finish second, third and fourth, respectively.