Indian Premier League player Sanju V Samson’s some trophies and souvenirs were allegedly stolen from his house, police said on Saturday.
The locked house of Samson’s father at the coastal town of Vizhinjam near here was found burgled yesterday. Family members said the stolen items included some of the school-time trophies of the U-19 player, they said.
Samson’s parents are now living in another house and the player is out of state for IPL practice session. Some of his trophies and shields, kept in the main hall of the house, were taken away by thieves while a few others had been damaged, said the police.
On getting the information that back door of the cricketer’s house was broken, police team visited the spot and collected evidence.
Police dismissed the possibility of souvenir hunters being behind the burglary since the copper and brass portions the shields were carved out leaving the wooden base behind.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016