South Africa have set the course of the match on their side after a steadied batting display in the second innings of the First Test match against Australia at WACA. Taking a massive lead of 538 runs, the South Africans started inflicting pain on the Australian openers right from the start of the final innings. JP Duminy and Deam Elgar led a relief force to the aid of the beleaguered visiting team in the second innings after the Aussies succumbed to good pace bowling on Day 2 of the Perth Test. The hosts were left asking questions since Day 3, after the Proteas took control of the match.
On Day 4 with massive target of 539 up against them, Australia enjoyed a brisk start with David Warner and Shaun Marsh up until heroics by Temba Bavuma brought curtains to the former’s stay in the middle. Warner once again looked in good touch, and Australia needed him to deliver and come good on his promise of a ton in the first innings. Bavuma’s brilliant piece of fielding led to the loss of first wicket for Australia.
Warner was looking to steal a quick single off Kagiso Rabada’s delivery. Warner pushed the ball in front of the point but the right-handed Bavuma rushed to pick the ball and got himself in an awkward position. Warner was fast but didn’t think that the flying fielder could actually throw the ball from what looked to be an impossible angle.
Bavuma was extremely quick to make a clean pick up and throw the ball from that tricky angle. Bavuma made the throw and the ball went on to hit the lower end of the middle stumps at the bowler’s end.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
First impression was that Warner had made his ground, but TV referrals showed that Warner was a tad bit short of the crease.