India have a perfect mix of world class performers and that makes them hot favourites at the upcoming World Twenty20, former batsman Virender Sehwag said on Tuesday.
Sehwag, who bid adieu to international cricket recently, said the hosts have a strong batting line up and a lethal attack.
“We have batsmen like Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane and bowlers like Jasprit Bumrah, Ashish Nehra and spin attack of Jadeja and Ashwin. I think, India are the favourites for the competition,” Sehwag said.
Sehwag was all praise for India’s batting combination of Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli.
“They have become a good pair and if they stay there for first seven or eight overs, nobody can stop India,” Sehwag, , who himself was an aggressive opener, said.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Sehwag also picked comeback pacer Nehra for special praise, saying that he has been giving much needed early breakthroughs to the team.
“After his (Nehra’s) performance in the last IPL, he has been included in the national team and he has been doing better, especially taking wickets in early overs. I think, he will play well, like he did it along with Zaheer Khan in the 2011 World Cup,” he said.
Sehwag though warned India of tough competition from Australia, South Africa, West Indies, England and Pakistan.
“At present Pakistan has the best pace attack, especially Mohammad Amir, who bowled well,” he said, adding India skipper MS Dhoni will have the advantage of exploiting the home conditions.
Talking about the India-Pakistan match, the fate of which is now hanging in balance due to Himachal Pradesh government’s reluctance to host the contest, Sehwag expressed optimism that it will be held.
“It is up to the ICC and BCCI how they react. But I am sure match will take place, if not in Dharamsala then at some other place,” Sehwag said during the launch ceremony of 92.7 Big Cricket Headquarter’ where, he, as an expert, will engage listeners with match analysis and expert opinion during the
“I am becoming a cricket expert. Whatever happens on the ground will be told to the listeners. We will also try to pull leg of the players,” the ace cricketer said.