Suresh Raina is set to miss the second ODI for India against New Zealand in New Delhi as the left-hander “requires more time to recover” from viral fever. Raina had also missed the series opener in Dharamsala but the Indian cricket team hasn’t named any replacement for the southpaw yet.
Raina is yet to play an ODI for the country since October 2015 and New Zealand series could well have been the perfect stage to return to form.
Raina was dropped for the ODIs in Australia and the limited-overs tour of Zimbabwe earlier this year besides the two-match T20 series against the West Indies in USA.
Raina led Uttar Pradesh in the team’s Ranji Trophy opener against Madhya Pradesh last week but did not come out to bat. Uttar Pradesh ended up suffering an innings and 64 run defeat at the hands of Madhya Pradesh.
Having swept the Test series 3-0, India are 1-0 up in the five-match ODI series against New Zealand. The hosts won the series opener in convincing fashion, and Hardik Pandya (3/31) and Virat Kohli (85*) played a crucial role in team’s emphatic win.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016