Suresh Raina is set to miss the second ODI for India against New Zealand in New Delhi as the left-hander “requires more time to recover” from viral fever. Raina had also missed the series opener in Dharamsala but the Indian cricket team hasn’t named any replacement for the southpaw yet.
Raina is yet to play an ODI for the country since October 2015 and New Zealand series could well have been the perfect stage to return to form.
Raina was dropped for the ODIs in Australia and the limited-overs tour of Zimbabwe earlier this year besides the two-match T20 series against the West Indies in USA.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Raina led Uttar Pradesh in the team’s Ranji Trophy opener against Madhya Pradesh last week but did not come out to bat. Uttar Pradesh ended up suffering an innings and 64 run defeat at the hands of Madhya Pradesh.
Having swept the Test series 3-0, India are 1-0 up in the five-match ODI series against New Zealand. The hosts won the series opener in convincing fashion, and Hardik Pandya (3/31) and Virat Kohli (85*) played a crucial role in team’s emphatic win.