The Interim President of BCCI-IPL Sunil Gavaskar on Thursday appointed HDFC chairman Deepak Parekh as his special advisor for the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League. Parekh will be a special invitee during the IPL governing council meeting.
In a BCCI media release, Parekh has been dubbed as “unofficial crisis consultant of the Government. His role as Special Director on the Satyam Board in 2009, to revive the company and restore the confidence in the Indian IT industry, was greatly acknowledged.”
“Mr Parekh has always been willing to share his ideas and experience to formulate reform policies across sectors. This, at times, has also meant advising the Government to take hard decisions,” the BCCI press release said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“It is this quality of being a trouble-shooter that has made him a guiding force and an active member of various high-powered Economic Groups, Government-appointed Advisory Committees and Task Forces,” it said.
Former India opener Gavaskar was appointed the interim president of the BCCI-IPL following a direction from Supreme Court as N Srinivasan was asked to step aside from his post pending the completion of the IPL spot-fixing enquiry. Senior Vice President Shivlal Yadav was made interim President for non-IPL matters.
Gavaskar expressed his delight at the development as Parekh took up his offer. “I am delighted that Deepak has accepted my invitation to come on board as a special advisor and special invitee to the Indian Premier League Governing Council. It is apt that an individual of the calibre of Mr Parekh will be joining the BCCI-IPL’s leadership group.”
According to Gavaskar, Parekh’s “diverse combination of skills and experience will result in a well-rounded senior management team at the IPL — one that will set the direction for a better and bigger league.”
The chairman of the IPL Governing Council Ranjib Biswal is also hopeful that Parekh’s experience will help them deliver a “memorable IPL”
Parekh on his part stressed on his endeavour to strengthen the IPL with his inputs in a new role. “I am excited to be invited to be a part of the IPL. I look forward to fulfilling this challenging new role on the IPL’s senior leadership team as an advisor to Mr. Gavaskar, as we look to strengthen the Indian Premier League.”