The Interim President of BCCI-IPL Sunil Gavaskar on Thursday appointed HDFC chairman Deepak Parekh as his special advisor for the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League. Parekh will be a special invitee during the IPL governing council meeting.
In a BCCI media release, Parekh has been dubbed as “unofficial crisis consultant of the Government. His role as Special Director on the Satyam Board in 2009, to revive the company and restore the confidence in the Indian IT industry, was greatly acknowledged.”
“Mr Parekh has always been willing to share his ideas and experience to formulate reform policies across sectors. This, at times, has also meant advising the Government to take hard decisions,” the BCCI press release said.
“It is this quality of being a trouble-shooter that has made him a guiding force and an active member of various high-powered Economic Groups, Government-appointed Advisory Committees and Task Forces,” it said.
Former India opener Gavaskar was appointed the interim president of the BCCI-IPL following a direction from Supreme Court as N Srinivasan was asked to step aside from his post pending the completion of the IPL spot-fixing enquiry. Senior Vice President Shivlal Yadav was made interim President for non-IPL matters.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Gavaskar expressed his delight at the development as Parekh took up his offer. “I am delighted that Deepak has accepted my invitation to come on board as a special advisor and special invitee to the Indian Premier League Governing Council. It is apt that an individual of the calibre of Mr Parekh will be joining the BCCI-IPL’s leadership group.”
According to Gavaskar, Parekh’s “diverse combination of skills and experience will result in a well-rounded senior management team at the IPL — one that will set the direction for a better and bigger league.”
The chairman of the IPL Governing Council Ranjib Biswal is also hopeful that Parekh’s experience will help them deliver a “memorable IPL”
Parekh on his part stressed on his endeavour to strengthen the IPL with his inputs in a new role. “I am excited to be invited to be a part of the IPL. I look forward to fulfilling this challenging new role on the IPL’s senior leadership team as an advisor to Mr. Gavaskar, as we look to strengthen the Indian Premier League.”