Spinner Rangana Herath thrived as Sri Lanka’s stand-in captain, taking 8-63 to seal a 257-run win over Zimbabwe in the second Test on Thursday and a 2-0 series sweep.
Herath finished with 13 wickets in the match after replacing injured regular skipper Angelo Mathews as the Sri Lankan captain for this tour.
Continuing on 180-7 and still needing 311 runs to win, Zimbabwe didn’t last long on the final day of the series, just 13 overs, with Herath taking all three wickets.
Herath had Craig Ervine caught for 72 to get rid of the home team’s last established batsman and Sri Lanka made it five straight Test victories after a 3-0 whitewash of Australia at home in August.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016