Sri Lanka off-spinner Sachithra Senanayake, who was reported for a suspect bowling action during the one-day international series against England last month, has been included in the squad for the first two ODIs against South Africa.
After being reported, Senanayake underwent testing at the Cardiff Metropolitan University on June 29 and is allowed to play until the results are known.
Fast bowler Suranga Lakmal, who had to return home from the tour of England due to a hamstring injury, was also named in the 16-man squad.
Lakmal suffered a grade-two tear on his right hamstring while running between the wickets in the first ODI against England and took no further part in the tour.
Opener Kusal Perera has also been selected but his place is subject to fitness.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Kusal has some tightness behind the knee. It is something he picked up during the domestic T20 matches,” Sri Lanka team manager Michael de Zoysa said.
“He will undergo a fitness test tomorrow, but it is nothing serious.”
There was, however, no place for wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Chandimal and all-rounder Chaturanga de Silva, who both toured England.
The duo have been replaced by batsmen Upul Tharanga and Kithuruwan Vithanage.
The first match of the three-ODI series is scheduled on Sunday while the second will be played on Wednesday. The series will conclude with the final game on July 12.
Squad: Angelo Mathews (captain), Lahiru Thirimanne, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kusal Perera, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Ashan Priyanjan, Upul Tharanga, Sachithra Senanayake, Rangana Herath, Ajantha Mendis, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Suranga Lakmal