Indian women’s cricket team on Thursday powered to an easy six wicket victory over West Indies in the opening ODI of the three-match series riding on good show from the spin twins Rajeswari Gayakwad and Ekta Bist put up an impressive show.
The left-arm spin duo snared 7 out of the 10 wickets to skittle out West Indies for 131 in 42.4 overs as they recorded their career bst figures.
Rajeswari was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 4/21 while Ekta Bist chipped in with 3/14 in 8 overs.
In reply, India were struggling at 36 for four before Veda Krishnamurthy’s unbeaten 52 off 70 balls along with veteran batswoman Mithali Raj’s patient 46 off 91 balls enabled the home team to chase down the target in 39.1 overs.
The duo added 97 runs for the 5th wicket. While Mithali hit six boundaries, Veda’s innings had four hits to the fence with two maximums.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Brief Scores: West Indies Wom 131 in 42.4 overs (Rajeswari Gayakwad 4/21, Ekta Bist 3/14)
India Wom 133/4 (Veda Krishnamurthy 52 no, Mithali Raj 46). Indian Women won by 6 wickets.