Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday joined the investigations of Supreme Court appointed committee headed by Justice (Retd) Mukul Mudgal to probe into allegations of betting and spot fixing in the sixth edition of IPL.
Ganguly specially flew down to New Delhi to attend the proceedings as the full committee met for the first time.
“Yes, Sourav joined the investigations today (Wednesday). It was the first time after his appointment that we met in person. The meeting took place at my office and I would like to think that discussions were indeed very fruitful. We had already sent the relevant documents that Sourav would have required to study before our meeting. He came well prepared. Beyond that I am not in a position to divulge anymore information. From now on any meeting of the committee will be held in my office,” Justice Mudgal told PTI on Wednesday.
Other members in the committee are Additional Solicitor General L Nageswara Rao, senior advocate Niloy Datta and senior IPS officer B B Mishra.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016