Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has tied the knot with a 20 year-old girl from Haripur in the Khyber Pakhtunkhawa province.
Duniya TV channel reported that Akhtar married Rubab in a quiet Nikah ceremony in Haripur on Wednesday.
“The haq mahar has been kept at half a million rupees and Akhtar’s parents attended the simple nikah ceremony,” the report said.
Initially Akhtar had denied reports that he was getting married to a girl chosen by his parents.
A source close to Akhtar, 38, confirmed to PTI that the fast bowler and his family had visited the girl’s residence on June 12 where both families agreed on the wedding date.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016