Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has tied the knot with a 20 year-old girl from Haripur in the Khyber Pakhtunkhawa province.
Duniya TV channel reported that Akhtar married Rubab in a quiet Nikah ceremony in Haripur on Wednesday.
“The haq mahar has been kept at half a million rupees and Akhtar’s parents attended the simple nikah ceremony,” the report said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Initially Akhtar had denied reports that he was getting married to a girl chosen by his parents.
A source close to Akhtar, 38, confirmed to PTI that the fast bowler and his family had visited the girl’s residence on June 12 where both families agreed on the wedding date.