India cricket team opener Shikhar Dhawan expressed his disappointment on missing out on the remaining two Tests against Sri Lanka after a hairline fracture in right hand ruled him out of the remainder of the series on Monday.
“Sad to leave my teammates in the middle of the series, but still did my best even with a broken hand. Will bounce back stronger! Rab Rakha,” Dhawan wrote on his Twitter handle.
- India vs South Africa 1st ODI: India beat Sout Africa by six wickets
- India beat Sri Lanka by eight wickets, win series 2-1: Match highlights
- Shikhar Dhawan celebrates birthday with teammates, family, watch video
- I have become a far better batsman in the past seven to eight months: Shikhar Dhawan
- Gearing up for South Africa tour: Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan in India ‘A’ squad
- Shikhar Dhawan ruled out of remaining Sri Lanka Tests due to hand injury
Dhawan scored 134 and 28 in the two innings of the first Test against Sri Lanka in Galle.
Sad to leave my teammates in the middle of the series, but still did my best even with a broken hand. Will bounce back stronger! Rab Rakha
— Shikhar Dhawan (@SDhawan25) August 17, 2015