Shikhar Dhawan gave his fans into his training practices on Monday. Dhawan has been excluded from the Indian squad that is to face England in the first two of the five match Test series. He was earlier ruled out of the India New Zealand Test series after sustaining. That multiplied with his poor run of form is being seen as the reason for his exclusion from the squad.
Dhawan uploaded a video on Instagram. The video showed him sprinting at the NCA ground. “Enjoyed doing running session today at NCA . Little glimpse of my training!!!Work in progress,” said his caption. Dhawan was not included in the playing XI for the New Zealand series in favour of KL Rahul. Rahul suffered a right hamstring injury during the first Test against New Zealand, which ruled him out of the remaining part of the series.
Dhawan took his place as opener along with Murali Vijay for the remainder of the series. He couldn’t capitalise on the opportunity and got out for 1 and 17 runs in the second Test. He sustained an injury while fielding in the same Test following which he was ruled out of the remainder of the series. Gautam Gambhir was given a Test recall in his place.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Gambhir has gone on to retain his place in the Indian team for the first two Tests against England. Shikhar Dhawan has struggled with his Test form ever since he burst into the scene with his debut hundred against Australia in 2013. Dhawan got to triple figures in just 85 balls, making the fastest hundred ever on Test debut. He was finally dismissed after making 187 runs off 185 balls.