Ravi Shastri is likely to remain director of the Indian cricket team till the end of the 2015 World Cup. The Indian cricket board will appoint a new coach only once the 50-over World Cup, to be held in February-March next year, is over.
“In case Fletcher resigns Shastri will be requested to look after the team till the 2015 WC. There is no point having a new coach on board when we have former players like Shastri. We will also take the help of former cricketers,” a BCCI source said.
In an interview to The Indian Express, BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said: “We shall look into the matter (Fletcher) when it comes up. We will take the appropriate call at that state.”
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Shastri has got the full backing of the BCCI and he will be the main decision-maker along with Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni.