Ravi Shastri is likely to remain director of the Indian cricket team till the end of the 2015 World Cup. The Indian cricket board will appoint a new coach only once the 50-over World Cup, to be held in February-March next year, is over.
“In case Fletcher resigns Shastri will be requested to look after the team till the 2015 WC. There is no point having a new coach on board when we have former players like Shastri. We will also take the help of former cricketers,” a BCCI source said.
In an interview to The Indian Express, BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said: “We shall look into the matter (Fletcher) when it comes up. We will take the appropriate call at that state.”
Shastri has got the full backing of the BCCI and he will be the main decision-maker along with Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More