Putting behind a bitter war of words, Pakistan’s former captains Javed Miandad and Shahid Afridi today ended the ugly feud which erupted after the former accused the latter of fixing matches.
“Things are said in the heat of the moment and I also said some inappropriate things in the heat of the moment. I take them back,” Miandad said referring to his allegations that Afridi had fixed matches for money.
Afridi also apologised to Miandad on air stating he had always considered him his elder.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“What Javed bhai said caused me and my family pain but I also understand now what I said about him was not warranted and would have hurt him and I say sorry to him for that,” Afridi said.
Both hugged each other to finally signal the end of their dispute which had all the potential of embarrassing Pakistan cricket with a fresh controversy about fixing allegations.
The bitterness between the two was resolved when the two met each other in Karachi after mediation by close relatives and friends. MQM MNA Iqbal Muhammad Ali and Afridi’s uncle, Iqbal played a major role in sorting out the differences between the two former captains. Pakistan’s former captain, Wasim Akram who had been pushing both to settle their differences said sense had finally prevailed.
WATCH: Afridi, Miandad end differences
“I am so happy they have sorted out things and it is the sensible thing to do. They were people who came on channels and wanted this controversy to go further without realising how much damage it was doing to our cricket image,” Wasim said.
“Things have been sorted out. Afridi is like Miandad’s younger brother. And Afridi also respects Miandad a lot. It was not such a big deal as made out in the media,” Iqbal Muhammad Ali told PTI.