New Zealand will begin Day Three needing to get 222 runs to have India bat again, but wicket keeper BJ Watling feels the wicket is best for batting from the third day onwards but considering the amount of time remaining in the game, it would be a huge challenge for the hosts to save the Test.
On Day Two performance
It was not really an ideal day for us. We got ourselves into situations where, if we had taken another wicket or two, we could have been chasing 100 or 150. Obviously, it was a disappointing result in the end but we have still got three days to grind it out here. The pitch is definitely looking a lot better to bat on.
On Indian batting
Credit must go to their batsmen. (Shikhar) Dhawan obviously played really well at the top and got them off to a good start and (Ajinkya) Rahane’s hundred was pretty good. He played very well. Then, (MS) Dhoni’s counter-attack hurt us and that partnership was probably the difference between an okay day and a good day for them. If we had taken a wicket there, we could have been right in the hunt.
On the track
The wicket has definitely improved. On day one, it was pretty green and doing a bit. Today, there was still enough in it for the bowlers but it has browned off and looks a pretty decent batting track now. We are looking forward to getting out there and taking on the challenge and trying to bat for a long time as a group.
On saving Test
It’s going to be a huge challenge. We are going to have to bat long here to get ourselves back in the game. (Ishant) Sharma is bowling really well, so is (Mohammad) Shami and Zaheer (Khan) is an experienced bowler. He will hit some good areas too, so we got to soak it up in the morning for an hour and then bat for a long time. But I don’t think there are too many demons in the wicket at the moment, and it should be at its best tomorrow.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
On NZ batting
There is still good attitude in the dressing room. The bowlers ran in hard today and bowled well and we appreciated their effort. Now, it’s an opportunity for the batsmen to try and grind out as many runs as they can and bat for a long time. We know what’s ahead of us and now it’s time to try and push back.