Saurashtra will miss the services of their key players — Cheteshwar Puajra and Ravindra Jadeja — as the Saurashtra Cricket Association today announced the 17-member squad for the first three Ranji Trophy matches.
Jaydev Shah, who has broken a record of playing most matches as a captain last year, will lead the side that will play its first game against Rajasthan at Chennai on October 6.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The BCCI has decided that all matches of the Ranji Trophy season would be played at neutral venues.
When asked about the BCCI’s decision, Saurashtra head coach Sitanshu Kotak said it did not matter whether the team plays at the home ground or away.
“Last year, before reaching to the final, we had won nine matches and most of the matches were won while playing away,” he said.
“We need to play better cricket and the 17-member squad declared by the SCA is very much balanced side. We have a good combination of experienced and talented new comers and it’s difficult for the team management to pick 11 best players out of the 17,” Kotak said.
He expressed happiness that two Saurashtra players, Jadeja and Pujara, are playing for the national side against the visiting New Zealand team in the ongoing Test series.
“Any team wants to have these two players (Pujara and Jadeja) and the side will definitely miss their services. But we have some other new players, who have ability to deliver their best,” he said.
Punjab’s Amitoze Singh, Kushang Patel from Gujarat and Maharashtra’s Sunil Yadav will play first time for the Saurashtra in the tournament.
Sheldon Jackson, who had hit two consecutive centuries in Duleep Trophy recently, would be the main stay in batting for Saurashtra to be supported by skipper Jaydev Shah, Sagar Jogiyani, Avi Barot, Arpit Vasavada.
Jaydev Unadkat would lead the bowling attack alongwith Deepak Puniya, Amitoze Singh and Chirag Jani.
The squad: Jaydev Shah (Capt), Sheldon Jackson, Sagar Jogiyani, Avi Barot, Arpit Vasavada, Jaydev Unadkat, Chirag Jani, Dharmendra Jadeja, Samarth Vyas, Shaurya Sanandiya, Mohsin Dodiya, Deepak Puniya, Hardik Rathod, Vandit Jivrajani, Kushang Patel, Amitoze Singh and Sunil Yadav.