The Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the first-ever cricket Test match to be hosted by the ground in Rajkot.
The first Test of the five-match rubber between India and England will be played at the SCA stadium in Khandheri from November 9 to 13.
“The SCA is going to host it’s first-ever Test match next month and it’s indeed a matter of pride for all cricket lovers of this region,” SCA’s media manager Himanshu Shah told PTI on Wednesday.
“The SCA and it’s governing body have cordially invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the first Test match,” added Shah.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“It has been SCA’s profound honour that Modiji has laid the foundation stone of the stadium on June 19, 2006 when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He has also inaugurated it on January 5, 2013,” the official said.
“Now Modiji has become the Prime Minister and his presence will be an inspiring force for all of us at the SCA,” he said, adding the state association was waiting for the confirmation from Prime Minister’s office.
The SCA has also invited Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and former players of the region, who represented the country at international level, for the match.
“Former cricketers like Salim Durani, Dilip Doshi, Karsan Ghavri, Yajuvendra Singh and Ajay Jadeja have been invited for the match,” Shah added.