The Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the first-ever cricket Test match to be hosted by the ground in Rajkot.
The first Test of the five-match rubber between India and England will be played at the SCA stadium in Khandheri from November 9 to 13.
“The SCA is going to host it’s first-ever Test match next month and it’s indeed a matter of pride for all cricket lovers of this region,” SCA’s media manager Himanshu Shah told PTI on Wednesday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The SCA and it’s governing body have cordially invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the first Test match,” added Shah.
“It has been SCA’s profound honour that Modiji has laid the foundation stone of the stadium on June 19, 2006 when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He has also inaugurated it on January 5, 2013,” the official said.
“Now Modiji has become the Prime Minister and his presence will be an inspiring force for all of us at the SCA,” he said, adding the state association was waiting for the confirmation from Prime Minister’s office.
The SCA has also invited Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and former players of the region, who represented the country at international level, for the match.
“Former cricketers like Salim Durani, Dilip Doshi, Karsan Ghavri, Yajuvendra Singh and Ajay Jadeja have been invited for the match,” Shah added.