Australia will have a new chairman of selectors before the next Ashes series after Cricket Australia said on Thursday that Rodney Marsh would not be seeking to stay on in the role when his contract expires next year.
The 68-year-old former Test wicketkeeper has headed up the four-man selection committee since 2014 having previously served on the panel for three years under John Inverarity.
“We can confirm that Rod Marsh has decided not to continue on in his role as national selector once his contract expires in June, 2017,” a spokesman for Cricket Australia said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“At this stage no decision has been made on a replacement.”
The next Ashes series will be in 2017-18 in Australia.
Under Marsh’s chairmanship of the panel, Australia lost the 2015 Ashes series in England but won the 50-overs World Cup on home soil in the same year and held the number one ranking in test cricket for six months earlier this year.