Rishabh Pant led Delhi’s response to Maharashtra’s total of 635 with a whirlwind innings in which he scored 308 runs off 326 balls. Pant smashed nine sixes and 42 fours on the way to his total.
Earlier, Maharashtra had declared after making 635 for the loss of just two wickets. The mammoth total came on the back of and unprecedented 594-run-partnership between Swapnil Gugale and Ankit Bawne. Gugale scored 351 runs while Bawne made 258 and Delhi’s response of 590 was, in turn, led by 19-year-old wicket-keeper batsman Pant.
This is the first time in Ranji history that three individuals have scored more than 250 runs in the same match. Pant struck up partnerships with Dhruv Shorey, Manan Sharma and Varun Sood before becoming Delhi’s seventh wicket to fall. The innings did not last long after his dismissal and Delhi were all-out after making 590 runs, giving Maharashtra a 45-run-lead.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Pant’s innings earned him plaudits from many quarters. His attacking style of batting drew comparisons with MS Dhoni and Virender Sehwag.
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) 16 October 2016
Meanwhile Rishabh Pant has hit a 300 at just about run-a-ball…….
— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) 16 October 2016
Rishabh Pant ne Pant utar di.
308 , brilliant innings against Maharashtra.#RanjiTrophy
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) 16 October 2016
Virender Sehwag, Aakash Chopra and Harsha Bhogle were the most prominent individuals who congratulated Pant. Needless to say, it was Sehwag’s typically witty tweet that stood out.