The opening day of the Ranji Trophy semifinal between Punjab and Karnataka was called off without a ball being bowled due to persistent rain.
Rain continued to lash the PCA stadium and even when it stopped, the ground conditions were not suitable for play.
The two captains could not even walk in for the toss.
If rain does not come down again, the umpires will try to make up for the lost time by having an early start.
In an earlier Group stage encounter between the two sides, Harbhajan Singh-led Punjab were comprehensively beaten by Karnataka in Hubli last month.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Punjab had made it to the semifinals last year and they, would look to reach the summit clash after nine years.
Karnataka, who were ousted in the quarter-final stage in 2012-13, would like to move a step closer to their seventh