The opening day of the Ranji Trophy semifinal between Punjab and Karnataka was called off without a ball being bowled due to persistent rain.
Rain continued to lash the PCA stadium and even when it stopped, the ground conditions were not suitable for play.
The two captains could not even walk in for the toss.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
If rain does not come down again, the umpires will try to make up for the lost time by having an early start.
In an earlier Group stage encounter between the two sides, Harbhajan Singh-led Punjab were comprehensively beaten by Karnataka in Hubli last month.
Punjab had made it to the semifinals last year and they, would look to reach the summit clash after nine years.
Karnataka, who were ousted in the quarter-final stage in 2012-13, would like to move a step closer to their seventh