Gujarat rode on opener Priyank Kirit Panchal’s unbeaten century to post an impressive 246/3 in their Group A Ranji Trophy match against Mumbai.
Panchal struck 122 off 256 balls and found the fence 17 times during his knock after Gujarat opted to bat at KSCA Rajnagar Stadium.
Skipper Parthiv Patel failed to impress, getting dismissed for 12.
Panchal’s opening partner Samit Gohel made 87 off 207 deliveries, and the two added 172 runs to lay the foundation for a big total.
Gohel struck 11 boundaries and two sixes, before getting out 13 runs short of a century.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
At the close of play on the first day, Manpreet Juneja (22) was giving Panchal company.
Vishal Dabholkar (2/61) was the most successful bowler for Mumbai, while there was a wicket for Aditya Dhumal, as
Gujarat took the honours against their fancied opponents on the opening day.
Mumbai’s star seam bowlers Dhawal Kulkarni and Shardul Thakur went wicketless.