Veteran opener Gautam Gambhir and fit-again Shikhar Dhawan are set to open the innings for a bolstered Delhi side that is desperate to log home six points against Team Rajasthan in their sixth round Ranji Trophy group B encounter on Monday.
Gambhir has been released by the Indian team while Dhawan, who has recovered from thumb fracture, will be eager to get back into action with his sights set on the ODI series in January.
“Gambhir and Dhawan will be opening the innings while Unmukt (Chand) will be batting at No 3. This is a do-or-die match for us. We need atleast two outright wins from our next three matches if we have to have any chance of qualifying for the knock-out phase. I am keeping my fingers crossed,” chief coach KP Bhaskar said on Sunday.
Delhi’s main problems have been their spin department with both Varun Sood and Manan Sharma being left-arm spinners without much variation and ineffective when there is no assistance from the track.
Asked about the paucity of spinners, Bhaskar said:”Varun and Manan are the best we have. We have an off-spinner Pulkit Narang, that we have kept in the 13 for the match. But he is still very inexperienced. Out of the squad of 15, we have kept Sarthak Ranjan and Dhruv Shorey out.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More