Captain R Vinay Kumar returned with an impressive nine-wicket haul in the match, including a fifer in the second innings, to guide Karnataka to a thumping 393 runs win over Rajasthan in Group B encounter of the Ranji Trophy cricket tournament, here today.
Vinay Kumar followed his exploits in the first innings with an even better show as he picked up five wickets for 54 runs in Rajasthan’s second essay to help Karnataka pocket full six points from the game.
Chasing an imposing 525 runs for a win in the second innings, Rajasthan started the fourth and final day staring at a certain defeat as Karnataka bowlers needed to pick up just four wickets in three complete sessions to wrap up the issue.
And Karnataka duly achieved their goal as they took just four overs to bundle out Rajasthan for 131 and end their batsman’s misery for the second consecutive time in the match.
Resuming at the overnight score of 118 for six, last four Rajasthan batsmen could add just 13 runs to their total.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Middle-order batsman Salman Khan top-scored in Rajasthan’s second innings with a quick 39 off 41 balls.
Besides Vinay Kumar, left-arm pacer Sreenath Aravind (3/19) picked up three wickets for Karnataka.
Rajasthan: 148 & 131 all out in 37 overs (Salman Khan 39; R Vinay Kumar 5/54)
Karnataka: 374 & 298 for six declared in 62.1 overs.
Points: Karnataka 6, Rajasthan 0.
Rishav hits 69 as Assam draws match against Odisha
Opener Rishav Das (69) struck a patient half-century and shared a 71-run stand with Sibsankar Roy (39) to lead Assam to a draw even as Odisha walked way with three points, courtesy their first innings lead, here.
In reply to Assam’s 301, Odisha had scored 459 for seven declared to take a handsome 159-run lead in their Group B match at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
Assam began their second innings today and ended the day at 166 for four with das top scoring for them. he faced 222 balls in his innings before being trapped by off-spinner Govinda Poddar.
His second wicket partnership with Roy ensured that they will at least the save the match.
Rahul Hazarika (23) was involved in a slow 43-run stand with fellow opener Das
Assam 301 and 166 for 4 in 75 overs. (Rishav Das 69, Sibsankar Roy 39; G Poddar 1/33).
Odisha 1st innings: 459 for 7 declared.