Openers Faiz Fazal (94) and Sanjay Ramaswamy (77) shared a gritty-171 run stand to take Vidarbha closer to Saurashtra’s 301 on day two of the Ranji Trophy Group B match here today.
The openers, starting at an overnight four for no loss, batted for better part of the day to guide Vidarbha to 242 for three at stumps with the team needing another 60 runs for the first innings lead.
Saurashtra had scored 301 on the opening day at the back of Sheldon Jackson’s century.
Both Ramaswamy and Fazal were at the crease together for 59.3 overs and both played with patience, consuming 190 and 204 balls respectively.
Shalabh Shrivastava and Jitesh Sharma were batting on 31
and six at close of play.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Brief scores: Saurashtra 301. Vidarbha 242/3 in 91 overs (Ramaswamy 77, Fazal 94).