Tamil Nadu earned three points from their Group A Ranji Trophy match against Punjab on the basis of first innings lead in a game that ended in a tame draw on the final day here.
Punjab had earlier conceded a 70-run first-innings lead, thanks to Kaushik Gandhi’s career-best 164.
In the second innings, Punjab scored at 4.74 runs per over before declaring the innings at 375 for five.
Mandeep Singh hit a century, scoring 128 off 160 balls to anchor the innings. Uday Kaul (65) and skipper Gurkeerat Singh (55 off 45) also chipped in with important contributions, before Manpreet Gony hammered an unbeaten 66 off 26 balls that included eight sixes and three fours.
Chasing 306, Tamil Nadu reached 103 for one in 37 overs with Abhinav Mukund remaining unbeaten on 67 and Kaushik Gandhi on 21. The duo put on an unbroken 78 runs together for the second wicket.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Punjab: 284 & 375/5 decl (Mandeep Singh 128, Manpreet Gony 66 not out, Uday Kaul 65)
Tamil Nadu: 354 & 103/1 in 37 overs (Abhinav Mukund 67 not out).
Points: Tamil Nadu 3, Punjab 1.