Tamil Nadu closed in on Punjab’s first-innings total of 284 all out in their Group A Ranji Trophy cricket match.
At stumps on the second day, Tamil Nadu were 218/4 in 75 overs, trailing by 66 runs at Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground.
Resuming on 241/6, Punjab added 43 runs for the loss of four wickets, with overnight batsman Gitansh Khera remaining unbeaten on 40.
Medium pacers Krishnamoorthy Vignesh (4/104) and A Aswin Crist (3/73).
In reply, Tamil Nadu lost skipper Abhinav Mukund and Laxmesha Suryaprakash with 44 runs on the board.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
But an 85-run partnership for the fourth wicket between Kaushik Gandhi (75 not out) and the experienced Dinesh Karthik (54) steadied the TN innings. After Karthik’s departure made it 156/4, Gandhi put on 62 runs for the fifth wicket with Vijay Shankar, who was batting 32 at close of play.
Gandhi struck nine boundaries in his 206-ball unbeaten knock.