Uttar Pradesh captain Suresh Raina missed out on a century before Railway bowlers made a strong comeback to restrict Uttar Pradesh to 269 on day one of their Group A Ranji Trophy match in Rajkot on Tuesday.
After bowling out UP, Railways trail by 241 runs and were 18/1 at stumps.
Raina was the highest scorer for UP with 91 runs, hitting eight fours and a six before being caught and bowled by medium pacer Anureet Singh, while Saurabh Kumar scored 53.
Winning the toss and opting to bowl first, captain Karn Sharma led from the front claiming four wickets and giving away 48 runs. Anureet also picked up four wickets.
Railways were not able to hold momentum losing opener Shivakant Shukla for just seven runs right before the end of the day’s play.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Brief Scores: Uttar Pradesh: 269 all out in 70.3 overs (Suresh Raina 91, Saurabh Kumar 53, Karn Sharma 4/48) Railway: 18 for 1 in 14 overs (Saurabh Wakaskar 11 not out, Shivakant Shukla 7, Praveen Kumar 1/6).