Sheldon Jackson struck a fine century before Vidarbha bowlers made a strong comeback to restrict Saurashtra to 301 in their first innings on Day 1 of their Group B Ranji Trophy cricket match.
Jackson made 116 off 149 balls with the help of 15 boundaries and two sixes, while Chirag Jani scored 78 off 117 balls to form the base for Saurashtra’s total after being sent into bat at the Karnail Singh Stadium here.
Jani struck 11 boundaries and one hit over the fence during his 117-ball knock.
Apart from the duo, opener Snell Patel made 40 Prerak Mankad scored 28.
For Vidarbha, right-arm pacer Rajneesh Gurbani picked up four wickets giving away 85 runs, while Lalit Yadav (2/66) and Akshay Wakhare (2/68) shared four wickets between them.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
At stumps, Vidarbha were four for no loss with openers and still trail Saurashtra by 297 runs.
Saurashtra: 301 all out in 86.1 overs (Sheldon Jackson 116, Chirag Jani 78; Rajneesh Gurbani 4/85).
Vidarbha: 4 for no loss in one over.