Jharkhand were 29 for no loss after bowling out Saurashtra for 277 in their Ranji Trophy Group B match.
Sent into bat, Saurashtra relied on Perak Mankad’s 96 to cross the 250-run mark at the Maharaja Bir Bikram College Stadium.
Skipper Jaydev Shah made 51 for Saurashtra.
While Mankad struck 11 boundaries in his 137-ball knock, Shah found the fence seven times and cleared it once during his 63-ball innings.
Shah and Mankad put on 62 runs for the fifth wicket, the highest on the opening day of the game.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
For Jharkhand, Ashish Kumar returned impressive figures of 4/52, and Shahbaz Nadeem picked up 3/95.
When the stumps were drawn at the end of day’s play, Jharkhand openers Anand Singh and Pratyush Singh were batting on 17 and 11 respectively.
Jharkhand trailed by 248 runs with 10 wickets remaining in their first innings.