Skipper Saurabh Tiwary (88) and Ishank Jaggi (80 not out) scored half-centuries each as Jharkhand reached 251 for four against Assam on the opening day of a Group B Ranji Trophy match.
Put in to bat by Assam, Jharkhand lost their top three batsmen below 100 runs before Tiwary and Jaggi steadied the boat.
Tiwary and Jaggi put on a solid 151-run stand together for the fourth wicket to take Jharkhand past 200-run mark.
But just before the close of play, Tiwary was dismissed for a well-made 88 off 174 deliveries that included seven hits to the fence and a six.
At stumps, Jaggi remained unbeaten and Rahul Shukla, who is yet to open his account, was giving him company.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Brief scores: Jharkhand 1st innings: 251 for four in 90 overs (Saurabh Tiwary 88, Ishank Jaggi 80 batting; Abu Nechim 1/28).