Wicket-keeper Saurabh Rawat made a career-best 85 while Biplab Samantray hit 58 to help Odisha take the all-important first innings lead over fancied Karnataka in a Group B Ranji Trophy cricket match.
Resuming at the overnight score of 42 for two in reply to Karnataka’s paltry first innings total of 179, Odisha finished at 318 for nine in 111 overs at stumps on the second day of the four-day match at the Palam ground here.
Odisha, thus, lead Karnataka by 139 runs with just a wicket in hand.
In fact, at one stage Odisha were in a spot of bother at 79 for five before Samantray and Abhishek Yadav (33) stabilised the innings with a crucial 61-run partnership for the sixth wicket.
After Abhishek’s dismissal, Samantray stitched another vital partnership of 106 runs with Rawat to ensure the first innings lead for Odisha before both fell to leg-break bowler Shreyas Gopal.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Rawat’s runs came off 124 balls with the help of 12 boundaries and one six.
Besides, skipper Govind Podder also played a good hand up the order with a fine 44.
Gopal turned out to be the pick of the bowlers for Karnataka with figures of five for 73 from 24 overs.
Karnataka: 179 all out
Odisha: 318 for nine in 111 overs (Saurabh Rawat 85, Biplab Samantray 58; Shreyas Gopal 5/73).