Young Rishabh Pant’s dream season continued as he snatched the limelight from India internationals Gautam Gambhir and Shikhar Dhawan with a breathtaking 75 off 59 balls that had nine boundaries and three sixes in a Ranji Trophy encounter against Rajasthan.
In reply to Rajasthan’s 238, Delhi ended their first innings at 307 taking a 69-run lead.
In the second innings, Rajasthan were 19 for 1 and with two days left, the Gautam Gambhir led side will be aiming for full points to stay in contention for the knock-out stage.
In the morning, Gambhir (10) was cleaned by left-arm seamer Aniket Chaudhary.
Dhawan started the day on 29 and hit two more boundaries as both openers fell at the identical score of 52.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The stocky Pant came in at the fall of Nitish Rana’s (24) wicket and started carting the bowlers with utter disdain.
He did tonk slow medium pacer Puneet Yadav for three maximums as well driving the faster bowlers with ease.
Pant batted for just an hour and half but he looked cut above the rest. He has now scored 874 runs during this season.
The left-hander was bowled by seamer Tanvir ul Haq as Delhi were reduced to 196 for 5. Suddenly they slumped to 204 for 7 before Sumit Narwal (34) hit 4 sixes off left-arm spinner Mahipal Lomror to ensure that Delhi are assured of three points from the game.
Brief Scores: Rajasthan 1st Innings 237 and 19/1.
Bengal 1st Innings 307.