Captain Pankaj Singh produced an incisive spell of fast bowling for a five-wicket haul as Rajasthan bundled out Assam for a paltry 195 in their Group B Ranji Trophy match in Visakhapatnam on Friday.
Electing to field, Rajasthan made an impact on the game with Pankaj accounting for both the Assam openers. He first trapped Rahul Hazarika (6) and then had Pallav Kumar Das (40) caught by wicket-keeper Chetan Bisht.
Before being dismissed Pallav had added 63 runs for the second wicket with Rishav Das, who ended up top scorer for his side with an unbeaten 93.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Rishav was solid from one end but kept losing partners with following batsmen struggling to reach double-digit score. Rishav’s 93 came off 221 balls with 10 shots to the fence.
Only Syed Mohammed managed 15 runs while Amit verma, (0), KB Arun Karthik (7), Gokul Sharma (0) and Tarjinder Singh (1) all falling cheaply.
Pankaj completed his five-wicket haul when he caught and bowled Krishna Das (9), who happened to be the last man out on Assam first innings.
NB Singh (2/40) took two wickets while A V Choudhary (1/22) and AB Singh (1/32) dismissed one batsman each.
Assam 1st innings: 195 all out in 84.1 overs (Rishav Das 93 not out, PK Das 40; Pankaj Singh 5/39).
Maharashtra punish Delhi bowlers with twin tons
Stand-in-skipper Swapnil Gugale’s patient 152 was complemented brilliantly by Ankit Bawane’s equally impressive 120 not out which helped Maharashtra reach a commendable 290 for 2 against Delhi on the first day of their Ranji Trophy group league encounter.
The duo added 249 runs for the unbroken third wicket stand as Delhi used as many as seven bowlers without much success.
Brief Scores: Maharashtra 290/2 (Swapnil Gugale 152 not out, Ankit Bawane 120 not out, Navdeep Saini 2/43) vs Delhi.
Odisha all out for 228 against Saurashtra
Opener Sandeep Pattnaik’s 123-run knock was the lone saving grace in Odisha’s dismal batting performance as Saurashtra dismissed them for 228 on the opening day of their Ranji Group B match in Hyderabad.
In reply, Saurashtra were 4 for no loss when stumps were drawn for the day. Openers Mohsin Dodia (3) and Sagar Jogiyani (0) were at the crease for Saurashtra.
Left-arm spinner Dharmendrasinh Jadeja was the wrecker-in-chief for Saurashtra with figures of 4 for 67 in 23.5 overs.
Brief Scores: Odisha: 228 all out in 80.5 overs (Sandeep Pattnaik 123, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja 4/67) Saurashtra: 4/0 in 7 overs.